1 Corinthians 12:31b (NAS)

And I show you a still more excellent way.
1Corinthians 12:31b (NAS)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sin is Ugly

Sin is ugly;
no matter who wears it.
It's our fleshly garment,
our fatal flaw,
our parental curse;
ugly, marred, destructive,
none can contain it,
like cancer,
it spreads its dark fingers
where we cannot see.
It makes us do the unspeakable.
I thought I could out-smart it,
that it wouldn't get me.
But, I was wrong;
none can escape it's deathly grip.
And now, whenever I see it,
it makes me sad,
it hurts,
because I've seen what could have been
and I weep for what is lost
and I pray,
God help us!

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Romans 6:23

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment