1 Corinthians 12:31b (NAS)

And I show you a still more excellent way.
1Corinthians 12:31b (NAS)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Prayer for Daddy

I wrote this prayer last December, before we knew that Daddy had cancer.

My Daddy is heavy on my heart.  He asked for prayer.  He's tired of fighting this battle; he needs encouragement.  He has lived with pain in his face for well over a year and it has slowly intensified.  Pain has taken its toll; he is irritable and cranky and takes it out on Mama.  They are my parents and I love them; they sacrificed for me, prayed for me, and loved me and now I feel sad that they have to get old and sick and feeble. 
Be gracious unto them, oh Lord; have mercy.  Do not leave them in this hour of trial.  Speak to Daddy of your truth, show him you are with him, give him faith to endure. 
I do not know why you choose this lot for him, but, I trust you.  I believe you are working good in this situation.  I believe you never leave us or forsake us.  I believe you are in control, God. 
Comfort him, strengthen him, keep him from the evil one.  Fill him so full of you that Jesus overflows in his life.
I pray for an end to this pain.  I pray for peace, your peace that we cannot even understand. 
Guide him to the truth, the truth about himself and about you.  Keep him on the path you have for his life.  Fit him for heaven.  Sanctify him in truth. 
I pray for your will to be done, Lord God Almighty.  For the pain we endure now is only for a while, but, it works an eternal weight of glory in our lives. 
I pray that Daddy keeps his eyes fixed on you, that he leans upon you for everything, that he looks steadfastly on Jesus until Jesus is revealed to Daddy and through Daddy.
I ask these things in Jesus name, Amen.


When we pray, we have the wonderful privaledge of talking with the Almighty, so be honest with him and ASK whatever your heart desires.  ACKNOWLEDGE that we are dependent on him for everything, that we can do nothing.  Then,  ACCEPT  his answer, trusting him with the final result. 
Luke 18:1

No comments:

Post a Comment