Romans 1:8, "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.
I am thankful -
- for my Dad who continues to give God praise after a year long battle with cancer; whose faith has been tested and tried and proved to be genuine.
- for my Mom whose faith never waivers; her life is built on a solid rock.
- for Betty and her hospitality to me and my family; we have stayed in her home many times in the past months.
- for Glen and Barbara; for being available when Dad and Mom needed them most.
- for Andy and Charlotte; for overcoming difficulties and obstacles and giving the rest of us courage to do the same.
- for Sherwood and Sonia; for inspiring me to read the Bible through as they have.
- for Norma and all that she does on a daily basis to help Dad and Mom by checking on them, bringing them meals, and helping with their medications.
- for Larry, for being the most interesting person I know and for sharing his heart with me; for being a great Dad, Grandpa, and Gepaw and for being a man who doesn't back down.
- for Melanie; for giving 100% everyday to everything she does and for teaching me to believe.
- for Hannah; for teaching me to be joyful, to have fun and to enjoy life and for being unafraid to speak her mind.
- for Philip; for being an awesome dad who loves his family and puts their needs ahead of his own; for his keen sense of justice and a desire for order and peace in the world.
- for Teresa; for being a daughter-in-law that I can trust to be the best wife and mother that she can be because she desires to be a Godly woman.
- for Taylor and Martin and Kate and Audrey; who give me a glimpse of the future and the courage to share my faith unashamedly.
- for Kris; for being a true friend and for being so kind.
- for Jeane, for being my role model; In all the years that I have known her, I have never seen her unhappy, angry, or ill tempered. I have never heard her complain or criticise others. She is the most gracious, loving person I have ever met.
There are many more of you that I am thankful for; old and new friends and family at church, at school, at work, in all the places I have lived. I am so grateful for you and how you touched my life. It is good to give thanks. May it become our lifelong goal; to express our gratitude in true thanksgiving.